Saturday, October 24, 2015

I thought I'd be happy

Mickey will be at home in China for a month. I haven't seen much of him lately, he's been working all across Europe. I thought I could live like that, but I can't.

Six months ago all that mattered to me was money and a job that I didn't hate. Friends I could make along the way. Shopping I could do online or in Munich or somewhere else. I thought I was going to figure it out, but I was wrong.

During my first month in Bavaria, I hung out with two people after work. I haven't met anyone else since then. Coworkers are not friends. Most of my coworkers are married with children and/or not interested in hanging out after work.

I can't picture myself marrying a local guy and staying in this place forever. I need to eat authentic Asian food regularly, I need to buy clothes that nobody else is wearing, I need to hang out with people who are like me, I need to reach either Frankfurt or Munich Airport within an hour.

At least Mickey knows for a fact that this small town life without any family or friends won't be forever. He has something to look forward to. I have absolutely nothing and nothing to be sure of.

All I have now is a decent income and a job I don't hate, exactly what I wished for. I thought I'd be happy, but I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment