Saturday, October 17, 2015

Day and night

The construction works on our new company building are still ongoing. It looks like they didn't do anything (worth mentioning) in a week. While I was gone, parking had been prohibited in front of my apartment for construction works as well. I had to park somewhere down the street.

The first thing I did on this Saturday afternoon was grocery shopping to fill my empty fridge. In the parking lot I spotted Tracy's car. I cursed a little bit and then went straight inside without trying to hide from her. I mean I spent a week at a European exhibit. I spent day and night with a large group of coworkers, superiors, agency witches, business partners and clients from all of Europe. Day and night we were together like one big happy family. I saw members of my big family at breakfast, when they were still waking up for the day. I saw family before bedtime, when I could barely open my eyes anymore. I got to know things about them that I hadn't known before, not all of it was great stuff. So why would I freak out about some ridiculous smalltalk with Tracy? I had absolutely nothing to be nervous about after mingling at and handling an exhibition like that. Best preparation anyone could ever ask for to deal with all the Tracys out there.

At the beginning I was still thinking about Percy, but I restrained from contacting him on my part. As the week went on, I got to know some of the nicer business partners. A few of my favorite coworkers (Wesley, Cory, Greg and Wyatt) started showing up too, so I didn't care for Percy that much anymore. Percy texted that he was thinking about me, I didn't even respond to it. He asked if he did anything wrong. I could honestly tell him that everything was fine. I was fine again. Of course I don't know how I will feel when I see him Monday morning, but I am not too worried. The business trip really helped me focus on other things. I know I will be fine and maybe he will become a part in my life on some very platonic level. Isn't that nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment