Friday, April 29, 2016

Maybe I'm amazed

Tuesday morning I was coincidently in Larry's office, when he sent Mickey and Wyatt on another mission. While Mickey packed his suitcase, Wyatt came looking for me to say goodbye. I didn't feel well, so I went home after lunch. The guys got there after a three-hour drive, finished fast and were supposed to head back the next morning. "Will I see you tomorrow," I wrote. "I sure hope so," Wyatt replied.

Wednesday morning I felt even worse and stayed at home. Mickey texted me that they were driving to a different customer and not returning as planned. By 3 PM they got back to the company. By 4 I got a text from Wyatt that said "Are you home already?" "Yeah, when I heard you weren't coming back, I was so sad and left," I teased him. "Had to work faster, thought you were waiting for me," he said. It was the cutest thing anyone could have said to me. 

Thursday afternoon Wyatt insisted on coming over and cooking me something. Usually I didn't like inviting people to my place. I'd had three colleagues over in almost a year, only one of them stayed longer than a few minutes. I wanted to see Wyatt though. I was nervous, but I decided I didn't care if he saw me wearing glasses and without any make-up on.

So he came over and brought food, chocolate and tea. "During the first two months you basically talked to everyone but me. I thought you were afraid of me or something. At the summer bash I sat down next to you and you walked away," he joked. I looked at him in disbelief. That's how I found out that he'd noticed me from the very beginning. 

When he was about to go home, I was wondering what would happen next. He simply pulled me into his arms - I was amazed how strong his pull was - and hugged me. And I didn't feel like letting go at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment