Thursday, January 1, 2015

NYE tales (Part I)

Christmas had been pretty great. I really enjoyed hanging out with my extended family, playing cards (the younger siblings vs. the older siblings just like old times.)

Right after the holidays I had a major fight with Nev which lasted until New Year's Eve. He called me scheming, self-serving and spineless. Why? Because I accept rides from guys that I don't consider as potential dates or friends. And Nev The Saint would "never" accept a ride home from anyone he doesn't like, because he is independent and has real integrity. After the first fight he went straight to our mutual friends, told them his version of events and cried about his worries of losing me as a friend. In turn he earned a lot of sympathy and our friends gossiped with other friends about it. 

Some people just can't help to blab. And some people are less than smart on top of it, they are basically out of control. You think I'm scheming? Well I at least think about the consequences before I talk. He apologized and admitted I didn't do anything wrong and he shouldn't have forced his own values on others. However, it wasn't the first time he called me self-serving. There is no point in changing his mind when it's already made up. Plus, once this door has been opened, there will be more fights about more pointless things in the future. He is used to fighting with his closest pals all the time, they have no boundaries. I couldn't live like that.

There was even more drama, when I made my own arrangements for the NYE party. Nev and the inner circle met at the fire station to get a ride together, it would've taken me 40 minutes just to get there. Why do I have to reject a ride from Ian or Kevin who would pick me up at my local gocery store? Actually Neville encouraged Kate to ask some dude for a ride, whom she dislikes a lot. Oh that's not spineless, because she brings her kids? Her kids are big boys, they can help her carry the stuff. I am on my own and I have hypocritical friends who judge me. Honestly, I have more urgent matters to take care of than this crap. Nev can be more of a drama queen than most of the girls and gay dudes that I know, he is a very dramatic straight guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment