Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Friendzoned (Part V)

The movie on Monday was so bad, I forgot to write about that dude (let's call him Stan). We were actually sat next to each other, but only spoke when the film started and when it ended. Later when all of us went home and I was looking forward to talking to him alone, this other mutual friend of ours (let's call him Nev) decided to walk with us. I mean, really?? His place was the complete other direction! My sis thought Nev's behavior was suspicious too, but what did I care? Maybe this whole Stan thing just wasn't meant to be.

The minute I got on the subway feeling defeated, I received a text - and it was from Nev! How easy and natural it is for some people to just text and say hello. That's it, I decided to send Stan a message. He texted back and asked if I wanted to see another movie on Wednesday, in English. I asked if anyone else was coming. He said there might be another girl from the group. Another girl? Fine with me. I'm not worried about other girls, I'm worried about what I'm doing. Let's be honest, do I look like the movies kinda person? I haven't been to the movies in months, now it's going to be 3 times in a fortnight.

On Tuesday, it turned out that the other girl wasn't gonna come. Stan seemed pretty excited about the movie. We texted back and forth all day. There were mixed signals, I wasn't quite sure. He mentioned that he rarely ever watched anything in English, as he only understood like 70% of it. Who in their right mind would suggest an original version then? But who am I to judge, I'm the crazy person who goes to the movies twice this week and misses the UEFA Champions League.

Wednesday night went alright, I think. I couldn't tell if this was a date or not. It was a little awkward, especially when he patted me on the back to say hi and goodbye. I could have reached out for a hug, but I didn't. Definitely taking it slow, girl, definitely taking it slow. Before you know it you're getting friend zoned. On my ride home I was a little angry with myself. Five minutes later, Stan texted to announce he got home. It kinda saved the day. He suggested that we could do it again if there was a good movie to catch. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment