Sunday, December 9, 2012

Moving on

If things were really meant to be, they shouldn't be so hard, should they?

I had gotten my heart broken a few times before it occured to me that I had to do something to not let it happen ever again. That's how I wound up with a rebound. It was simple, it was comfortable. I was allowed to just be myself, or try to become the person I wanted to be (someone who makes relationships work) with no pressure at all. There were no such things as jealousy, nagging, or huge arguments whatsoever. It was like nobody even cared. They don't call it rebound for no reason. When that also came to an end, I decided to be on my own for a while and not get involved with anyone I couldn't see spending my life with. 

Of course I didn't wanna be the couple that was fighting all the time, but I'd really missed having that sort of spark and excitement. Until recently, I'd never asked a guy out in my life. People kept telling me it was no big deal. Furthermore, I had never gone on a date unless I really liked that guy already. 

So that's something I have to figure out as well. When I get asked out, I know for a fact that the attraction is mutual. (Unless I mess it up on the date.) Now that I am in charge asking someone out, there is absolutely nothing I can be sure of. Why does it have to be so hard? I'm not saying everything has to be obvious and laid out in the open, but a little more straightforwardness wouldn't hurt, would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment