Monday, April 27, 2015

JCZ's 8th anniversary

I often think about the time that my grandfather and I walked down Siping Road towards the signs of that American car company. He mentioned he wanted to visit us in Germany one last time, although we both knew it probably wasn't going to happen. I pointed to the signs in the distance and told him that he'd totally visit us again, it wasn't that far away. It was right ahead of us like the car company. He laughed and agreed. That was ten years ago. Three days ago was the 8th anniversary of his death. He never made it back to Germany. It was one of the last times we spoke. He is in a better place now, he is actually having a blast somewhere in heaven. That's the most important thing. So I'd like to thank you, grandpa, for watching out for us and making sure that we're doing okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment