Sunday, September 1, 2013

If Miley Cyrus only did country music,

she'd probably be one of my favorite contemporary country artists. Back in her Disney days she went with the pop rock flow, now she's doing electro pop. So unnecessary. When she joined Taylor Swift for a Fifteen performance at the Grammy Awards in 2009, everyone could hear this was what she was born to do. She could be an even better country pop ambassador than Taylor is - and Taylor is a phenomenal singer-songwriter - but Miley Cyrus has this natural country twang a lot of people would actually kill for. It's a mystery to me why she doesn't leave autotune to others who don't have a voice like hers. I don't particularly care for her I'm-all-grown-up-and-wild-now reputation either, it seems a little too forced. Country music is traditional, but will never get old. From George Strait to Hunter Hayes, I love to listen to them all. Isn't her dad a retired country musician as well? Too bad, but it's never too late! Check out her rendition of Dolly Parton's Jolene, I'd totally buy this song.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment