Sunday, February 24, 2013

Skin Care Routine: 3 Ways Of Using Almond Oil

1) Daily Moisturizer:
Facial cleansing pad
First off, I wash my face and use an oil-absorbing foam and start spreading and scrubbing it with a facial cleansing pad. After washing it off, instead of taking a towel, I use a cleansing sponge (it doesn't have to be all dry) and pad it onto my wet face. Then I apply some hydrating cleansing milk with a cotton pad. I mix a tiny little drop of almond oil with my day care cream or moisturizer, which isn't oily by the way, and gently blend it out on my face.

I try not to leave the house without a finishing BB cream (it includes foundation and sun block). There is nothing that causes more premature ageing than the sun or a tanning shop. It also helps to sleep early, drink lots of water, drink less alcohol and avoid passive smoking. I actually find it very hard to get enough sleep.

2) Over-Night Regeneration:
Before I go to sleep, I use one finger tip of almond oil and pad it on facial and body parts which tend to get very dry. If you don't have dry skin, think about the parts that get wrinkles easily. These could be the eye area, the hands, elbows, the neck and the forehead.

When I wake up in the morning, my skin usually looks better than during the day. (Don't rub or scratch the eye area - ever. Pad with your weak ring finger.) Almond oil is a very natural and not very expensive product, because I really don't need much. I've spent loads of money on different eye creams which don't even work. It is supposed to keep the eye lashes hydrated too.

3) Lip Repair:
I have very dry, chapped lips. Sometimes when there is a bit of almond oil left over from my skin care routine, I pad it onto my lips, just like normal lip balm. It absorbs very well, unless I take too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment